The Board of Commissioners shall consist of seven (7) members, and shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Board of Aldermen
- five (5) members shall own real property within the District; and
- two (2) members shall be renters within the District
- No fewer than three (3) members shall be registered voters and owner-occupants of residential real property used as a detached single family residence, condominium or a building of four (4) dwelling units or less within the District;
- No fewer than one (1) member shall own commercial real property within the District;
- One (1) member shall rent and occupy real property used as a business licensed by the City within the District; and
- One (1) member shall rent, occupy and be a voter registered from real property used as a dwelling unit within the District.
- No employee or elected official of the City shall be a member of the Board of Commissioners.
Terms Of Office
Each member of the Board of Commissioners shall serve for a four (4) year term, with terms expiring as of December 31st of the designated year or when their successors are appointed as provided herein, whichever is later.
Applying To The Board
Board vacancies are filled upon the completion (or early termination) of existing Board Member terms, and are initially screened by the Board of Commissioners and approved by the Mayor’s office. Prior to consideration, the Application Petition and Application Parts B & C must be completed and forwarded to the Board of Commissioners.
Current Board of Directors
|Board Member||Position||Designation||Term Ends||Member Information|
|Luke Reynolds||Chairman||Commercial Property Owner||12/31/18||Business owner in Soulard for 13 years. Moved to St. Louis in 1991.|
|Sara Irlbeck||Commissioner||Residential Property Owner||12/31/18||8 Year Soulard resident. Moved to St. Louis (and Soulard) in 2008.|
|Bill Clendenin||Commissioner||Residential Property Owner||12/31/18||13 Year Soulard resident. Moved to St. Louis in 1977 and into Soulard 2003.|
|Justin Guerra||Commissioner||Commercial Property Renter||12/31/19||Business renter in Soulard for 8 years. Moved to St. Louis in 2006.|
|Michael Campbell||Commissioner||Residential Property Owner||12/31/17||4 Year Soulard resident. Moved to St. Louis (and Soulard) in 2012.|
|Mary Bander||Commissioner||Residential Property Owner||12/31/16||14 Year Soulard resident. St. Louis native.|
|Vacant||Commissioner||Residential Property Renter||12/31/18|